Maybe the blogging isn't going as I envisioned. But I'm still going to keep trying.
Despite my best efforts, it seems that life is always trying to keep me busier than I prefer.
Here's a quick update of the last couple weeks.
- Last weekend my good friend Krista brought her youngest son to Colorado for a weekend visit. We hiked a little, ate a lot, played in Manitou Springs, quilted (the moms), and gamed (the boys). It was all over too fast but easier to say goodbye knowing we'll see them again before 2017 ends.
- The renovation start date is still TBD. The structural engineer determined we only need minor reinforcement of the foundation, but even those changes take time to organize. The delay has been needed since I keep changing my mind about what I want! Tile, paint colors, sinks, lights, so many decisions! My garage is slowly filling with bar stools, light fixtures, mirrors, etc.
- Kate came out of her wrist brace last Thursday and swam in a swim meet over the weekend. As her coach said, she did much better than anyone expected after 2 months without any real training. Looking forward to a strong rest of the season for her.
- Jack joined the high school chess club and participated in his first chess tournament after just one club session. It was mostly high schoolers, and he came in 12th out of 28 kids. Pretty proud.
- I'm doing a big trip in November with a lot of last minute planning. More on that soon!
- I've managed to find some time in the sewing room the last couple of weeks. I'll share more of what I've made soon. But here is a sneak peek...